Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Projects







I finally finished the desk! I bought a desk at a "junk" store awhile back and it wasn't in the best condition....I am really new to refinishing furniture, but I think it turned out pretty good! Good grief all I need is another hobby! I love to go junkin' though! Now that I've finished this project I know I'll be looking for more! Hubby says we don't need anymore stuff though! That being said I purchased an old wooden ladder at an auction last weekend, brought it home, cut off the back and made it into a cool quilt holder! Now I have a place to show off the few family heirloom quilts I have! I love it and hubby even approved! Now I am working on turning an old wooden chair into a night stand for my daughter....just about have it stripped (it was covered with many layers of animal print tissue paper!). I hope to finish it this weekend!
I am finally taking the plunge! I am enrolled in a quilting class, bless the ladies that will be teaching! I can sew, but I am one of those hurry up and see what's it's gonna look like people! I love love love quilts and while I've made a couple I very much want to learn how to make them correctly....I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment