Thursday, February 18, 2010

For Such a Time as This

In the book of Esther, Mordecai told his cousin,Queen Esther, "...who can say but that you have been elevated to the palace for just such a time as this?" What if I lived my life recognizing each situation God places in front of me as an opportunity "for such a time as this"? To stop and consider my actions & even reactions....to make that connection between my faith and my daily life. As a woman I tend to compartmentalize my life...work, family, church, social. I have come to understand I do a great job of keeping it compartmentalized and I can certainly justify why I do it. But, as my father-in-law always said, "We can justify anything in our own mind". Esther could have simply stepped back and said, "I can't do this, it is not my place. I am the Queen and this is not behavior for the Queen." Esther made that connection between faith and her position, she stepped out in faith to save her people knowing full well she could surely die. You see, while we may think as women in today's society we're "less than" in that time women truly were! King Xerxes could have had her killed simply for coming into his presence without being summoned and no one would have blinked an eye. But, Esther believing this was her "such as time as this" took that chance...not before time in prayer and fasting, but non the less she took that step. The great God we love saw her faith and the Jews were saved from destruction.
What if I lived my daily life "for such a time as this"?

No comments:

Post a Comment