Friday, July 8, 2011

For the last 2 months I have been trying without success to get a LCD 55" TV warrantied through the LG company.....this has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had with any company concerning warranty!!!!! We live pretty much in the middle of nowhereville, which must fascinate people in big cities because they simply cannot understand how there are no qualified service technicians in our "city" (which in fact is so not a "city" and barely qualifies for a town) and while I realize the people I am getting on the other line at LG must have a strict guideline to follow that includes exhausting all avenues (including a repair service center in Florida) just how long does it take for them to understand there is NO qualified service technician within 200 miles of us and we are not near FLORIDA????? The last two days I have spend a total of 1 hour and 22 minutes on the phone (mostly on hold, I might add) trying to get this resolved. I received a phone call from the company in Florida, they told me they don't have a service tech in our area. Hummm....really? So, I turned around and called LG (you NEVER speak to the same person and cannot even request to speak to the same person) this time the lady told me the claim would be returned to the department that looks for service technicians.....exactly how many times will the claim return to this department? I am thinking the "guidelines" these service people follow must try to extend this process so long the customer finally gives up. Well, they don't know me very well.....I am now on a mission to get this TV replaced, I mean come on! This TV cost almost $2000 and was a big splurge! I'm not throwing away $1700! If LG can't provide service to warranty their products, then don't sell the products in nowhereville!!
OK....off the soapbox and back to the phone lines to try one more time to contact ______ (name withheld to protect identity & possible keep me outta hot water)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment